Friday, August 15, 2014

Pier 1 Halloween 2014

Wandered over to Pier 1 the other day. It's really not my thing, Pier 1, and yesterday the woman making a big stink over her 5 piece wicker furniture set, her harried and annoyed looking husband left to carry it and secure it to his truck outside (both the only reasons I'm sure the poor guy was there) and the super nice employees with their lock jaw smiles trying not to kill her, proved an adequate reminder why... But the wicker furniture blocking the aisles and knocking over a breakable or two (it was quite the adventure let me tell you) made it easy to take some pictures without anyone giving me the evil eye...

Forgive the quality, the sun was really blaring in!


As is the perpetual state of Halloween sparkly things abound! Still I think they're a little less garish than what one finds at Michaels these days. The glass heads with the hollowed out dish on top was pretty cool and the metal bat candleholder (top right of the taller shelf you can barely see) was so tempting! I didn't dare look at the price...
 
 
This glass tree was super cute. I'd filed it under precious. They had some jewelry very similar. All I could see looking at the glass bead bracelets by the register was "wow. that's an accident waiting to happen."
 
 
I didn't get to Pier 1 last year, but a couple years ago I think they had an LED candle similar to this one. I liked it then and I liked it now, especially with the gold spider. Still couldn't bring myself to buy it though. I don't know why! I always think about it for days after... Maybe next year? :)
 
 
 
Glass pumpkins and more glass pumpkins... They were EVERYWHERE. Not necessarily a bad thing, but these are kind of garish in my opinion. I liked the mug but decided it would need it's own shelf for storage cause the cat handle was massive! But I love a good Halloween mug. Always on the look out for a new one. And then there's the wine glasses-- one could make those so easy with a dollar or thrift store wine glass, the right template and some stained glass paint. Things like that make me shake my head, but I guess not everyone has the time or the patience.
 
 
Mercury Pumpkins are another thing I always look long and hard at before I talk myself out of it. These guys were fake mercury with LED's inside to make them glow. The little black one in the corner was really pretty.
 
 
 
Tissue? There's a lot of owls lurking about this year... Only a dollar. I think my mom went and got some for my cousin. She's hardcore into owls.
 
 
Yikes... kind of a terrible photo. The only ornaments I saw of note were the wall-crashing witches. I never liked the big ones, but these had some charm. Other than that, again it felt like there were a lot of repeats...


The repeats... Mom reported a Frankenstein's Monster, but I never saw it. The Candy Corn spiders are kind cute!


Some sort of table topper. I think I only took it for the owls expression. It's kinda "WTF?" I dunno dude. I just don't know...



The more I look at that Haunted Shoe house, the more I kind of want it.
 
 
 
Spiders with top hats? Sure! Why not. Not too hard to make by your lonesome though! Just sayin...
 
 
 
Cute pillows...
 
 
More glass pumpkins...
(one of which the angry lady broke trying to "help" her husband= boss around. She quite loudly refused to pay for it BTW)
 
 
 
 
And some glass candle goodies. Their pumpkin spice and "pumpkin cake" candles smelled SO good, but are SO expensive! They also had this sort of brass, pumpkin-shaped tea holder "cage" that caught my eye.

 
Ultimately, this is all I walked away with. Most of it was clearance or last years leftovers, but no complaints from me!
 
 
 
 

No comments: