Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pumpkin Overload


Made the first batch of Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies of the season this morning, along with  a couple other quickie pumpkin recipes so I wouldn't have to put half a can back in the fridge. More on those later this week.

My moms best friend and Girl Scout co-leader, heretofor to be referred to as TAZ, also my ex-troop leader (shocked? yeah, I get that alot) from back in the day and cat-sitting client, gave me her "Great Pumpkin" choco-chip oatmeal cookie recipe a few years back when I first started building and baking for Halloween. I haven't had the chance to vegan-ize the recipe yet (there's an egg in it just begging to be replaced with a flax seed egg...), but since this batch is for my grandpa that doesn't matter too much.

I'd totally give you the recipe, but then I'd have to kill you. And if I didn't then TAZ would. You know how Girl Scouts are about their cookies. ;)


What's your favorite autumn pumpkin, Hallow-themed thing to bake?

No comments: