Friday, September 7, 2012

Twisted Treasuries #5: Back to Ghoul




So I think a good portion of the world has sent it's spawn back to school by now. I know The Brother sent his daughter, the Bratfink, off to her first week of third grade  on Monday. I was always one of those kids that loved and looked forward to the first day (and really only the first day) of school. Mostly I was just after some shiny new notebooks and pens....

This week Twisted Treasuries gathers the vitals for the first day of school.


Every first day needs an outfit to start! This vintage black velvet dress is so pretty and so exactly what I would've planned to wear the first day of school. The perfect blank canvas for a theatre geek goth like me, which I'd wear in a heartbeat today. Maybe with a belted little shirt like this (or the ever popular black cardigan) to survive the frigid AC-blasted classrooms. I'd totally rock the hat too, but in high school admin would've only confiscated it...


My first choice of shoes is always a good pair of Docs (CoralLace has a pair of those too!) but I think these sneakers by Open Would F/X would be just as nice. It'd make gym a hell of a lot more enjoyable...


I love this poison apple bottle cap necklace. A subtle statement worn especially for teacher...

 I'm so addicted to notebooks and other epistolarian paper products, it's insane. Explains why I couldn't choose just one for this treasury....
I'd save this notebook from Outrage F/X for math and science. Only way I would ever make it through class...

Blackbird & Peacock has a different zombie cover moleskin for just about every subject, plus tons of others!


These memo pads are too perfect for staying organized... or, you know, writing notes to friends works too.


This vintage Freddy spiral and folder set is way to cool to actually use, but of course I'd want it!

Trapper Keeper, schmapper-keeper, I want a binder full of these folders!


There's really nothing like a new box of crayons plucked fresh from the racks of Wal-Mart or your school supply dujour. I seemed to always get stuck with the box from the previous year when i was a kid. If they'd been recycled into these, perhaps I wouldn't have minded so much.

by OddHaus


And of course you have to have something to carry everything to class in. Personally, I prefer a blank canvas to litter with pins and patches, but I wouldn't say no to this messenger bag either.
by BagChemistry

No comments: