Friday, September 14, 2012

Twisted Treasuries #6: Portraits of a Lady


I've been scrambling to get nice "lady-like" clothes together for a new job I'm starting in the coming weeks. It's been about five years since I've been required to wear something other than jeans, cargos and t-shirts to work (ah! the glamorous life of a dog walker!)  so my "lady-like" is a bit rusty, if I ever had it in the first place. A friend suggested looking to favorite actresses for some inspiration... so I got a little stuck on Elsa Lanchester as The Bride. Unfortunately, I don't think bandage-couture would be too welcome in the work place.

Oh well...

As an apt distraction from the perils of clothes hunting, this week Twisted Treasuries is dedicated to the most beautiful woman ever created: The Bride

These two prints by Sara Bowersock are my absolute favorites. I love love love the use of color. All of her work is like licking a monster flavored lolli with your eyes. Is that creepy? Maybe. The second print I could see blown up wall size over a bed like a Gregg Araki film set design...



Stencil art will always hold a special place in my heart and this upcycled art rendition of the Bride by Jenny Lou of Undead Trash is perfect. There's even a  matching Creation portrait to go with it and a couple of t-shirt designs as well.
I also love the selection of vegan tees in the shop.


This linocut print is charming. I love the electricity of the lines though I can't decide if I prefer the hot pink version or the black and white.



Barry Sachs multi-media portrait print of The Bride is just the tip of the iceberg when you're talking about amazing monster portraiture, but still completely stunning. There's also a complimenting Creature portrait, Dracula, Malificent and some really beautiful Day of the Dead pieces.


Not exactly "lady like", but this photographic print is pretty much all encompassing of how I feel shopping for clothes...


See the rest of the treasury HERE

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

JUNKER JANE said...

HAHA, youre too funny :D
and GOOOOOOOD post,really awesome renditions of the Bride!

Daddy's Little Corpse said...

Anything to distract from a "real life" task...